Happiest of Fridays to you! This week has flown by with the help of a holiday, but it's always good to see Friday once more. =]
Whilst tossing and turning ALL NIGHT LONG, it occurred to me at 4:30 a.m. that there are some things I need to tell you about myself and my life that will make understanding my future ramblings much easier. Consider them fun facts, if you will. Here are a few I thought of in the wee, small hours of the morning, and I'll give you more as time progresses, should I realize that something may be unclear.
- For starters, my husband and I have been married for 3 years come this October. He is truly the love of my life, but beyond that, truly what God knew I needed in a husband. He is hardworking, funny, hot, loves God, loves me, answers all of my boy questions without even flinching.....as Elizabeth Bennett would say, "He is truly the best man I have ever known". Here in the blog I will affectionately refer to him as "Mr. N." for anonymity's sake and because it sounds kind of James Bond-ish, which is just good times.
- We own three cats who we refer to as Hobbits. Their names are Fred, Merry, and Pippin. They are all rescue cats courtesy of an incredible organization called Animal Friends Rescue Project. I got them all as kittens and had these three long before I got married so, ladies, you can find love after adopting cats as a single woman. =]
- Mr. N. and I love naming things like inanimate objects. An example of this is that both of our vehicles have names: His = The (Millennium) Falcon, Hers = Eowyn (my fav. character from The Lord of the Rings). Both of our ipods have names. Our camera has a name. Certain plants have names. It's a sickness really, but it will make more sense when you hear me refer to something ordinary with a name.
- We purchased our very first home this past December. It has been a shock and excitement to enter the world of home ownership. Personally, as difficult and expensive as it can be at times, I love being responsible to fix things on our own rather than waiting on our landlord to do it for us. Our rental before this was a bit lacking in response time for certain issues, so we thank God for His absolute provision in this new endeavor.
- Mr. N. and I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class over a year ago and fell in love with it. We are always looking for ways to save money and/or make our money go farther. No, we're not "hippies", as our friend called us for getting a non-gas powered push mower. We just consider ourselves frugal. Hopefully, I'll be able to share some ways that we save money on this site and get some new tips from you!
- Mr. N. and I are geeks. We love sci-fi (coughFireflycough), some fantasy, we're striving to learn the lyrics to all of the Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog songs, we go on dates to Peet's coffee (which doesn't really fit into the geek thing except that we can be referred to as Peetniks), we hope to visit the Harry Potter theme park and go visit the Lord of the Rings sets in New Zealand, and the like. In advance, I'm sorry.
- I just recently left my job of being an Administrative Assistant to be a stay at home wife. This has been an exciting challenge and has given me a chance to do a few projects around the house and try new things, which you'll see here.
- I was an Art and Photography major so you may see some photos now and again or other artistic endeavors.
- I hate raisins and believe them to be what pure evil must taste like. Not super relevant, but important nonetheless.
- You may from time to time see references to the show Bones or Friends, maybe even Castle or Psych. It's hard to say which. These are my favorite shows, so I know them well. If I ever shout out, "King of the Lab!" or tell myself not to be a "rabid porcupine" you'll know why. =]
- The blogs that I read are those that continue to inspire and encourage me in some way. I hope that you will take a moment to drop by their sites and give them some love. I'll also list a few websites now and then for you to visit....sites that are truly worth the time, not because I say so, but because they are doing a great work or are stinking fun.